Position Title: Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
The American Islamic Congress (AIC) is a non-religious, non-profit civil society development organization serving Muslims and non-Muslims by promoting civil and human rights through advocacy, engagement and education.Members of our Board of Directors, staff, and supporters include Muslims, Christians, and Jews as well as representatives from other faith traditions. Our U.S. based programs promote intercultural understanding and dialogue, educate the U.S. public about Muslim affairs and demonstrate the diversity of the Muslim world. Our Middle East/North Africa region programs promote human and civil rights.
AIC is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices in Boston, Tunis, Basrah, Baghdad, and Gaziantep.
AIC seeks an experienced Development Manager to lead AIC’s fundraising strategy and efforts. The Development Manager will be responsible for reaching an annual revenue goal of nearly $5 million. S/he plays an integral role with the organization and serves on AIC’s senior leadership team. S/he will supervise two development staff.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, create plans for development efforts, including government and foundation grants, major gift solicitation, and fundraising events, as well as new revenue sources.
- Research, develop, and draft proposals for federal government, foundation, and corporate grants, with support from program staff, Development Assistant and Foundation Relations Manager.
- Work with Foundation Relations Manager and program staff to develop ideas for new programs as well as potential funders for new programs.
- Direct the individual giving strategy by identifying and cultivating existing and potential donors.
- Develop opportunities for corporate sponsorship and support.
- Create annual revenue projections with the Executive Director, and develop and implement fundraising strategies and activities to achieve revenue goals.
- Work closely with the Communications Director to create promotional materials designed to enhance fundraising efforts, build relationships with donors, and increase visibility.
- Direct all fundraising appeals and other donor communications.
- With the Executive Director, cultivate, secure, and manage key relationships with funders and partner organizations.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and comprehensive acknowledgement and reporting of contributions.
- Organize and track all aspects grant management, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, deadlines, and recognition.
- Oversee development team, including Foundation Relations Manager and Development Assistant.
- Participate in public outreach and events on behalf of AIC.
- Minimum four years of development experience at a senior level.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience.
- Experience with federal government grants, USAID and Department of State, preferred.
- Experience developing donor communications and appeals.
- Passion for the mission of AIC.
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- BA/BS required;
How to apply
Send cover letter with salary expectation range and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org