Position Title: Program Manager
The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall coordination and management of a program to reduce sources of communal tension and violence in Iraq. The PM will work with AIC’s existing field office in Basrah, but will be solely responsible for: meeting the program’s objectives; managing program deliverables; maintaining good working relationships with partner organizations; donor reporting and management of funds to ensure high-quality delivery of services to target groups. The PM will manage and provide technical support in conflict resolution and work with field office to ensure success program implementation. The PM will also coordinate with relevant stakeholders, such as the donor.
The PM must also be willing to take on additional responsibilities, as assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure high-quality programming through technical guidance and support that is grounded in the program’s strategic objectives and adheres to expected technical quality and reporting requirements;
- Planning responsibilities, including the production of annual workplans, operating budgets, and more.
- Represent organization with relevant institutions;
- Supervise technical, financial, grants and contracts and M&E deliverables;
- Guide and oversee the alignment of the budget to expected results, and review and approve quarterly budgets and reports;
- Ensure compliance with HQ and donor requirements, policies and regulations. • Experience in a management role for a conflict resolution and prevention program involving partner organizations.;
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment within a small NGO;
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks;
- Ability to provide the financial management and oversight necessary to successfully execute a program in a difficult operating environment;
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and database skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage local staff;
- Practical knowledge of DoS rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated capacity to create and/or maintain systems and procedures for managing programs with many multiple sites, partners and beneficiaries.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in conflict resolution, management, international development or related field strongly preferred
- 3-5 years progressive experience in activities related to conflict resolution, reconciliation and/or governance in a conflict-affected environment;
- 3-5 years progressive experience in international conflict resolution project management;
- Prior knowledge of and experience with DoS grants;
- Demonstrated experience with grant-making programs and working with partner organizations;
- Extensive knowledge of the current political, social and economic landscape in Iraq; and
- Fluency in English required; knowledge of Arabic preferred.
How to apply
Send cover letter with salary expectation range and resume to email@example.com