Project Nur Intern
Project Nur Internship
A Project Nur Intern serves as a leader for our Project Nur chapters across the country. In this internship, you will assist Project Nur’s efforts through its wide array of programs to build bridges between communities by promoting understanding, acceptance, and responsible leadership. Project Nur empowers its student leaders to utilize their creativity to implement meaningful social justice initiatives focused on human rights around the world and the United States. This position is unpaid.
- Chapter Development: Create a Project Nur chapter at your school and lead students in human rights, social justice, and cultural programming that promotes acceptance and co-existence between students on campus and beyond.
- Event Planning and Outreach: Network with student groups and academic departments on campus to acquire event partners for Project Nur chapters. Develop and implement meaningful cultural and civic initiatives focused on community service. Advertise and promote events.
- Work a minimum of 10 hours/week. Work can be done remotely.
- Charismatic, outgoing, and motivated personality with a sense of humor!
- Likes to take initiative, and is creative and dynamic.
- Excellent networking, communication, and writing skills.
- Ability to work well and coordinate with others.
- Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Adobe Photoshop; Microsoft Word and Excel; Microsoft Publisher preferred.
- Prior leadership and programming experience preferable
- Background in human rights, civil rights, social justice preferable
Supplemental Internship Duties:
In addition to the aforementioned responsibilities, intern may also take on tasks from the following departments at Project Nur: Development, Media and Communications. The primary duties of the intern will remain Project Nur related. It is encouraged to take on supplementary tasks to diversify your experience and develop new skills. The position summary and qualifications for each of these supplemental areas (Development, Media and Communications) are as follows:
- Assist development team with grant-writing for government and foundation funding opportunities.
- Manage donor database.
Media and Communications Responsibilities:
- Support media outreach efforts.
- Draft and edit press releases.
- Work on monthly newsletter.
- Website and online presence development, including blogs, video, and social networking.
- Research media contacts and events.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.